Teen Game Room Design
So you have teenagers now and you also have an outdated game/play room. It’s a little daunting to create a fun area for picky teenagers! But having a cool space to hang out in the house is a really nice alternative to your kiddos spending all their time behind closed bedroom doors… anyone else agree? An exciting ‘teen zone’ as we like to think of it, literally opens doors, creates a central space for your big kids and their friends and maybe even puts you in cool mom status? I mean we’ll take it when we can, no shame! All the pieces we’ve sourced for this room are functional, easy to wash, budget-friendly & teen-friendly! We’ve sourced items for chics or dudes, easily interchangeable for more masculine or feminine pieces! Scroll down to shop.
1—3. Throw pillows are a must for making any space cozy & comfy! Try to find some with textures, prints or bold colors to make the space fun & bright.
4. With glass panes, metal doors, a wood frame & cool latch closures, this media cabinet from World Market has 4 compartments with adjustable shelves—perfect for hiding cable boxes, board games, movies or gaming equipment. It also has holes in the back to run any cords through!
5. The Ephesians Rug from Boutique Rugs comes in 3 background colors: gray (shown), blue & a sunny yellow. All three would look great in this space! The traditional, yet colorful, pattern hides the dirt & stains from lots of traffic.
6. No need for bulky end tables taking up space with this great floor lamp!
7. Add some prints to your space that your kids can choose off Etsy and print themselves! Target & IKEA have great, inexpensive frames for you to hang them with.
8. A sectional is the perfect piece to transition your “playroom” to a “game room.” This modular sectional from Joss & Main can be configured in may different ways. Think of how many kids it can accommodate for movie night or sleep overs! With this sectional, you can sleep several kids & the dog!
10. Need a place to store your throw blankets? Grab a fun basket like this one!
Be sure to tag us in your game room makeover photos with #moorehouseinteriors or @moorehouseinteriors!
Some affiliate links were used on this blog post, which means that we make a small commission from your purchase (at no cost to you). Thanks for supporting Moore House Interiors in this way!